Start your new year involving your students with their learning from the very beginning with a study on where Rock Music all started – with the Pioneers of Rock.
This set of 20 different Musician study pages can be used in so many ways in your Music classroom. You can choose to spend a week on each different Musician, or have students work in groups researching, or even use as an assignment! I like to use these with my students to get them doing independent research. They love finding out information for themselves, and then comparing their research with other students, and then coloring in and displaying in the classroom.
So what do you get???? Heaps!
Included in this resource are
- 20 different Musician Study pages
- 2 Blank Study page—so you can add your own musician/group
- 6 different Genre Study pages
These pages can be used as assignment work, as part of a learning centre or as whole class study. The Musician Study pages look great when the students color them in and display proudly on the walls of your classroom! Educational research states that when students find information for themselves they actually “learn” the information more than if a teacher delivers it to them, so let the your students find the information for themselves to really learn about these musicians!
So what are the teaching possibilities? Unlimited!!!!
Some suggested learning activities
- Hand out a different Musician Study page to each student. Each student researches just ONE musician. I like to put students into small groups to help each other with their research. Color in and display. You can see some of my Year 7 student samples below!
- To extend the learning—have students present their findings to the class OR to just a small group.
- Genre study– group students according to their musicians into the genre that each musician belongs to. Have them complete as many of the Genre Study pages as you want them to—there are 6 to choose from!
- Extend their learning with performing and listening to the music from the different musicians or genres.
Of course, how you choose them is up to you, but your students will definitely enjoy learning through this process. I used this set recently with my Year 7 classes because I was absent. The teacher who had them, commented on how well they behaved and were engaged in the lesson – a big WIN WIN!! Students learning and on task, no behaviour issues to come back to and the casual teacher had a nice lesson 🙂
This product is perfectly paired with the Pioneers of Rock Unit of Work with Super Six Reading Strategies, link here.
Don’t forget to follow me by email and be the first to know about more new products, teaching tips and ideas.
Julia from Jooya