Back to School Bulletin Board
Well Christmas is over, New Years has come and gone, and soon we will all be heading back to work.
One thing I love about holidays is the time it allows me to create fun stuff for my classroom, and yours. I have completed a new Bulletin Board Kit Bundle. This Bundle of Kits are pictured above, and it is jam packed with options for you to decorate your classroom to create an engaging and inspiring space for you and your students.
The Bulletin Board Bundle.
This kit is essentially complete, but new bonuses will be added at no extra cost! There are 12 kits currently in the Bundle, and a few more seasonal ones will be added during 2017. You can purchase each part of the bundle separately, or save yourself time and $$$ and get the bundle!
Some of the included kits are– Black History Month, Music in Our Schools Month, Jazz Music Month, Pitch, Rhythm, Instrument Roles, String family, Percussion family, Brass family, Woodwind family, Guitar, Keyboard and a couple of seasonal bonus boards, and more!
Some of the kits are displayed below. Click on the image to go straight to the product 🙂
Suggested learning activities– Instrument Cards
- Mix Freeze Group—hand out a card to each student, explain that they will move when the music starts and are to swap the cards with class mates. When the music stops, they freeze, then they are to group according to the teacher instructions. Ideas for this could be instruments together, groups of ??? all different, etc…
- Mix Freeze Go—as above, but this time ensure that you hand out only cards that equal your instrument collection. Once students have mixed, then frozen, tell them to go to the instrument that they have in their hand. This is really good when the students all want a particular instrument!! No fights!!
- Use as cards/labels in front of the instrument—easy for students to identify where they are to go to
- Memory—have enough cards copied for students to play this game
- Corners— students move around the room until the music stops, when the music stops they go to a “corner” where the instruments are displayed. The teacher calls out an instrument, and everyone in the group is now out and sits down. Keep playing until you have a winner! My students always love playing this game and I teach from grades 7-12!!!
This Bulletin Board Kit is nicely complimented with the Rhythm and Melody Sets. Each time signature set is the same BUT has a different background paper option — Chevron, Dotty OR Printer Friendly
Until next time
Julia from Jooya